Got my new bra size results from the calculator, got excited. Ordered the bra without doing any research on it.
The bra fit horribly on me. I got frustrated at the bra and cut it up. Yes, really. It lay there for probably weeks. I took the underwires off and threw them too. "Screw you, bra!" I said. Curiosity got the ... best of me and I really wanted a bra that fit but I'm also a bit cheap. I ordered 3 lined and 3 unlined bras but wanted one more. "Hey, if I fixed this, one less bra to buy!"
Now, I'm not the greatest at stitching, I don't even own a machine but I still do my best. I pinched at the cut, wireless bra to figure out how to stitch it to reduce the cup depth and I got to work. Stole the underwires from an older 32C I had lying around. I cut the mesh part from the top, below the lace and stitched it back to reduce the cup height as the top was really empty before.
I think all my hard work paid off! Never been so happy with something I've made/fixed! It's not much but it's honest work hehe.
If anyone's curious.
151 more words
Filed under Bra alterations