Compare this bra
Listed bras (1)
Search by measurements
|Strap width||1.8 |
As someone with a small frame this bra ends about halfway into my armpit. The underwires are hugeee on me!
This bra is very pretty and I really wish it fit, but it's just terrible for me! The gore is too wide for my close-set breasts and rubs onto the breast tissue there, while the cups are too wide and the underwire ends in my armpit and also rubs there. The band is too big and the cups could perhaps be a tiny bit smaller, maybe a 28JJ would be a better size for me.
I did attempt to non-permanently alter this bra by sewing the gore closer together and the underwire forwards to stop the rubbing, but it didn't help all that much. I've removed the threads I had sewn in and I don't see any needle holes but if you do, that is why.
Updated on Jul 05, 2015 Flag this
This bra came closest to fitting, but the wires are very hard/stiff, and the center wires hit very painfully. I think I have a dent at the clavicle, nothing serious, but the wire hits above it regardless of bending and so forth. OUCH.
After this I tried the Panache wired sports bras and they are much more comfortable. The fit is not as perfect (and I went to slightly other sizes based on availability)- gore floats a litte depending on size- but holds me up where I should be and does not hurt. I may have to think about this as pectus excavatum I guess? Try plunges or whatnot? IT is hard in this size. I am really eager to figure out what else I could try.
Updated on May 11, 2016 Flag this
Okay, after wearing it a bunch, I am finally ready to review this bra. Overall, it is lovely. I have had really bad luck with Panache bras in the past, but enough people here told me to try it that I decided to go for it, and I'm glad I did. Here are my pros and cons:
- The lace at the top is flexible enough to not cut into my full-on-top (and everywhere else) boobs, but firm enough that I don't push it out above the patterned part of the bra, and there is enough space at the bottom of the cup that once I ... jiggle around a bit, I get little to no wrinkling.
- The material is thin and breathable and the seams subtle enough that I am happy to wear it under T-shirts.
- The band is a good width, although I would always like even wider (why aren't there longlines in my size??).
- The gore sits flat on my sternum, very snugly.
- The shape is nice and round, and almost right on the front of my chest. Boobs appear natural-ish but not saggy at all.
- The straps aren't too short, which is rare on me, as I have stupidly small shoulders. I like that the entire length of the band is adjustable.
- I haven't had it THAT long, but so far it seems the quality level is high.
- This is a personal thing, but the wires are too wide for me. My boobs start right at the edge of the front of my chest, so I prefer very narrow wires. These go around quite far onto my sides, and after a while they begin to dig a lot. I am unfortunately not able to figure out how to do BrasIHate's wire bending system, and I'm not sure it would work on something this far from ideal, so... Eh.
- I'm really closer to a 28 band, so I can't really complain that the band is too large with any degree of certainty, but I do feel like it's on the stretchy side. I will be having it taken in.
- The gore is wider than is my preference, but of course YMMV.
All in all I would say it is a very nice everyday bra, especially if, like me, you have to wear a lot of black (for work, in my case) and want comfort and a good but unobtrusive look for your boobs.
Updated on Jan 17, 2013 Flag this
I think stretch lace is one of my very best friends. I love the stuff. While this bra is a bit uncomfortable, the fit and appearance are so good that I got myself a second one (honestly, there's also the matter of availability on here). While I do like this, it will be listed with the others as I continue my quest to find the perfect bra.
Updated on Apr 14, 2014 Flag this
I am so in love with this bra. The first time I tried it on, the gore stabbed me constantly. Upon inspection, I saw that it had been taken in. I removed this seam and now it fits perfectly with the aid of a couple of homemade back extenders. The shape is great, and he seams aren't glaringly obvious under clothing, Curvy Kate, take notes!
Updated on Dec 16, 2013 Flag this
This is another lovely sturdy Panache offering. The straps are fully adjustable and it has 3 rows of 3 columns of hooks in this size.
I got a bird print Jasmine used from another Bratabaser to try out, but unfortunately it's just a bit too small in the cups to be wearable. The stretch lace is a great idea though, and I think it's fabulous for my breasts with a lot of top-central fullness, but as since requesting this bra I've gone up another cup size (from a 28KK/26Lish to a 28L/26LLish), there's just not quite enough room up top for me!
The wires are very sturdy, as is usual ... for Panache, and a little wider than I'd prefer for my very narrow root, but not unpleasantly wide or high. If the bra was otherwise good, I would have bent the wires to follow the shape of my ribcage a little better.
The bra straps are quite sturdy as they have a layer of soft padding underneath them. I'm a huge fan of any additional comfort measures for straps in large cup sizes, so this is a positive for me.
I definitely plan to try out the 30K to see if I can get a better fit in the cups. Jasmine is both very soft and very supportive, so I hope that sizing up will help.
Updated on Aug 02, 2013 Flag this
Didn't write a review
Added on Feb 09, 2018
Didn't write a review
Added on Oct 23, 2015
Didn't write a review
Added on Oct 29, 2014
- 2 Pages