- Strap separation:
- Not a problem
- Underwire length:
- Runs too high under the arm, it pokes
- Straps adjustment:
- Straps don't adjust short enough
- Band fit:
- The back of the bra is not at the same level as the front (rides up)
Bra » Panache » Jasmine Balconnet Bra (6951) » 30JJ » Bras » Owner
|Search by measurements|
Okay, after wearing it a bunch, I am finally ready to review this bra. Overall, it is lovely. I have had really bad luck with Panache bras in the past, but enough people here told me to try it that I decided to go for it, and I'm glad I did. Here are my pros and cons:
- The lace at the top is flexible enough to not cut into my full-on-top (and everywhere else) boobs, but firm enough that I don't push it out above the patterned part of the bra, and there is enough space at the bottom of the cup that once I jiggle around a bit, I get little to no wrinkling.
- The material is thin and breathable and the seams subtle enough that I am happy to wear it under T-shirts.
- The band is a good width, although I would always like even wider (why aren't there longlines in my size??).
- The gore sits flat on my sternum, very snugly.
- The shape is nice and round, and almost right on the front of my chest. Boobs appear natural-ish but not saggy at all.
- The straps aren't too short, which is rare on me, as I have stupidly small shoulders. I like that the entire length of the band is adjustable.
- I haven't had it THAT long, but so far it seems the quality level is high.
- This is a personal thing, but the wires are too wide for me. My boobs start right at the edge of the front of my chest, so I prefer very narrow wires. These go around quite far onto my sides, and after a while they begin to dig a lot. I am unfortunately not able to figure out how to do BrasIHate's wire bending system, and I'm not sure it would work on something this far from ideal, so... Eh.
- I'm really closer to a 28 band, so I can't really complain that the band is too large with any degree of certainty, but I do feel like it's on the stretchy side. I will be having it taken in.
- The gore is wider than is my preference, but of course YMMV.
All in all I would say it is a very nice everyday bra, especially if, like me, you have to wear a lot of black (for work, in my case) and want comfort and a good but unobtrusive look for your boobs.
Updated on Jan 17, 2013 Flag this