This bra is like other EM BM bras and fits me almost as well as the others. Narrow but not too narrow cups, narrow gore, and enough immediate depth. But I have some in cup quadding. However, after trying a 75FF, I think this is the best fit I’m going to get.
The colour isn’t my favourite but I wanted a neutral or black EM and there were slim pickins at local stores. It’s a very dark brown with red lace and accents. The material is soft, softer than my all lace BM. The other thing that was disappointing was that there are only two hooks rather than three. All of the other EMs in my size I’ve tried have 3 hooks. I guess I better double check in the future.
I’ve worn this bra a few times now and posted some better pictures. It’s comfortable and supportive enough that I’m still wearing it and keeping it.
About me: FOB, somewhat pendulous, need immediate projection and average apex projection, centre full, narrow to average width, soft tissue
Okay, I'm telling a story of how I determined my correct size in Ewa Michalak BM. It was some trial and error!
I took these pics in a sunny room, and you can see how gorgeous this bra is when the light hits it. I love these colours!! For this bra, which I no longer own, I tried it just for the cups to see if I could eliminate the in-cup quadding that was happening at the 70F size. I determined that 70FF was better, however after 2-3 wears of 70F that I couldn't return (I had already taken the tags off and washed it), I realized that I needed a 65 band as well. I exchanged this one.
Basically, I was determined to find the correct size in this bra, if it was the last thing that I did!
This was my first Ewa Michalak that I purchased from SFYS.com in Toronto a couple months back. : ) I never wrote a review of this bra, but I'm writing one now so people can learn from my mistake. In my haste, I quickly took the tags off and washed the bra, thinking that it fit after just a quick try on. The next day, I realized that I needed one cup larger - it was okay on my smaller side, but on my left side, it was giving an "unhappy boob" profile. Like, I was fitting into the cup on my larger side, but I ...was kind of angled down. Instead of being supported and uplifted, it looked like I was just squishing myself into the cup on that side. Also, I was stressing the fabric to the max!
Soooo, learn from my mistake, people! For those newbs to ABTF: carefully evaluate. Scoop & swoop. Don't get so caught up in the excitement of getting the bra that you want in the mail that you overlook things.
I think you can notice in this picture some internal quadboob (if that even is a phrase...) https://www.bratabase.com/picture/dpust/ When I went up one cup size, I no longer had that problem and the cups fit much better : ) Read more 113 more words
I purchased this bra from SFYS.com about 2 months ago, and it's definitely one of my favourites. I wasn't sure what stores in Canada sold Ewa Michalak, there aren't any in my city, but I was reading a review from Sherrach898 who posted about this store in Toronto, when I checked their website, they had Ewa Michalak.
After about 2 months, these are my thoughts re: this style.
1) Band: a lot of people say to size up in the band, when I ordered this, my back measurement was 29" (so right in between the two sizes, 28 and 30) 30 band is definitely right for ...me, as I tried a 32 (I actually own one, because I took the tags off prematurely!) and after a few wears, it was definitely too loose, I was already on the tightest hook. In my size range, I need a fairly firm band to have adequate support.
That being said, now that I've gained a little bit of weight, and my back measurement is closer to 30", I guess I can see how people size up in Ewa Michalak BM, as I do get more pink marks from the gore, but YMMV.
2) BM style in general: I know this style gets a lot of love on bratabase, but on the other forums - they mostly ask for fit checks for UK bras, I'm assuming because they're so widely available on amazon, etc. (and are a bit cheaper) but this is definitely worth the money for me - bra is most important item of clothing, imo. Do they even know about Ewa Michalak BM? It's a definite "bra win" for me. lol.
3) Thoughts on fitting/finding your correct size: if a person is unfamiliar with Ewa Michalak, I would definitely recommend going through a boutique to get your correct size (if they carry your size!) There's a limited amount of places that carry EM in Canada, but I like both BroadLingerie.com and SFYS.com in Toronto. IIRC, the bras took about a week to get to me - slow Canada Post issues!
As far as bratabase recommendations, I think I was recommended the size 70F. I thought 70F was my correct size initially, but after trying it on for a while, I realized I needed one cup up, and one band down. As useful as bratabase recommendations are, you definitely need to try the bras on!
4) Lastly, I would like to discuss the colour and the overall aesthetics of the bra, I love it! As soon as I saw this one on SFSY website, I was like #myprecious. I don't look good in solid black, and yet this colour combination reads black and red, so it's very flattering to my skin tone. These pictures are done on a cloudy day, but you can see what it looks like on a sunny day, it's gorgeous! https://www.bratabase.com/bra/dng86/pictures/
The label says "maroon," I guess I would agree with that, but your eyes kind of play tricks on you (another bratabase review said this bra was dark purple...I think it's dark brown and maroon.) It took three try-ons, but I was determined to find my correct size. I'm glad I stuck with it, I'll be so sad when this bra goes!
5) Lastly, regarding the quality, I did mark it down one star b/c I do feel like my BM Suzy fits better https://www.bratabase.com/bra/dng9l/, like a custom bra that was made for my body, lol. I'm guessing it's because different fabrics are of different stiffness, as they're both the same size. Darker colours fit differently? I don't know. I still wear this bra all the time and it's one of my favs!
I'm so grateful to learn about Polish bras, both Ewa Michalak and Comexim are winners for me! Life changing, lol. I can't believe I was in "bra ignorance" for so long; I'm definitely grateful for bratabase and all of their recommendations! Read more 559 more words
Finally, a cup volume that FITS! Sadly the band feels one size too large for me. 😑 This 65 feels like a 70-band to me. The bra is pretty, but not my style. Almost baroque with how dramatic the flowers are--they're iridescent and large. Ewa says that the bra is dark brown on her site but I feel like most of the fabric looks more like the darkest red possible. My eyes could be being tricked with all this red though.
This is the most full-coverage BM I've ever tried, coming up very high on me. It looks like a "lot of bra," but it doesn't feel like it on. ...It has a very similar cup structure to the 70HH - Ewa Michalak » Bm Malachit, with extremely soft black lace making up the inner cup structure and a floral lace overlay for color. This cup is more structured than the BM Malachit's, though, and I feel more supported in this cup due to the stiffness of this bra's outer floral fabric. I would suggest this bra for someone with a larger cup given that. It seems like the bra would handle some cup size fluctuation as well, because the upper cup section is stretch lace-y even though the rest of the cup has less stretch to it for structure.
This bra is very deep at the apex, and it seems to have good projection at the wire as well. I don't like how pointy this made me look, but I was OK with Freya's signature 2010-2017 pointy look, so this is just a personal preference. Read more 157 more words