I purchased this bra from SFYS.com about 2 months ago, and it's definitely one of my favourites. I wasn't sure what stores in Canada sold Ewa Michalak, there aren't any in my city, but I was reading a review from Sherrach898 who posted about this store in Toronto, when I checked their website, they had Ewa Michalak.
After about 2 months, these are my thoughts re: this style.
1) Band: a lot of people say to size up in the band, when I ordered this, my back measurement was 29" (so right in between the two sizes, 28 and 30) 30 band is definitely right for me, as I tried a 32 (I actually own one, because I took the tags off prematurely!) and after a few wears, it was definitely too loose, I was already on the tightest hook. In my size range, I need a fairly firm band to have adequate support.
That being said, now that I've gained a little bit of weight, and my back measurement is closer to 30", I guess I can see how people size up in Ewa Michalak BM, as I do get more pink marks from the gore, but YMMV.
2) BM style in general: I know this style gets a lot of love on bratabase, but on the other forums - they mostly ask for fit checks for UK bras, I'm assuming because they're so widely available on amazon, etc. (and are a bit cheaper) but this is definitely worth the money for me - bra is most important item of clothing, imo. Do they even know about Ewa Michalak BM? It's a definite "bra win" for me. lol.
3) Thoughts on fitting/finding your correct size: if a person is unfamiliar with Ewa Michalak, I would definitely recommend going through a boutique to get your correct size (if they carry your size!) There's a limited amount of places that carry EM in Canada, but I like both BroadLingerie.com and SFYS.com in Toronto. IIRC, the bras took about a week to get to me - slow Canada Post issues!
As far as bratabase recommendations, I think I was recommended the size 70F. I thought 70F was my correct size initially, but after trying it on for a while, I realized I needed one cup up, and one band down. As useful as bratabase recommendations are, you definitely need to try the bras on!
4) Lastly, I would like to discuss the colour and the overall aesthetics of the bra, I love it!
As soon as I saw this one on SFSY website, I was like #myprecious. I don't look good in solid black, and yet this colour combination reads black and red, so it's very flattering to my skin tone. These pictures are done on a cloudy day, but you can see what it looks like on a sunny day, it's gorgeous! https://www.bratabase.com/bra/dng86/pictures/
The label says "maroon," I guess I would agree with that, but your eyes kind of play tricks on you (another bratabase review said this bra was dark purple...I think it's dark brown and maroon.) It took three try-ons, but I was determined to find my correct size. I'm glad I stuck with it, I'll be so sad when this bra goes!
5) Lastly, regarding the quality, I did mark it down one star b/c I do feel like my BM Suzy fits better https://www.bratabase.com/bra/dng9l/, like a custom bra that was made for my body, lol. I'm guessing it's because different fabrics are of different stiffness, as they're both the same size. Darker colours fit differently? I don't know. I still wear this bra all the time and it's one of my favs!
I'm so grateful to learn about Polish bras, both Ewa Michalak and Comexim are winners for me! Life changing, lol. I can't believe I was in "bra ignorance" for so long; I'm definitely grateful for bratabase and all of their recommendations!
Updated on Jul 07, 2021