November 2015 Update: When I swoop and scoop, I get quadboob. Band is still too large and breasts settle back to my armpits and wires sit on breast tissue. For some reason the seam of the bra causes the apex of the bra to be more east-west than my own already-cockeyed breasts, and they point down too, so creates a terrible silhouette under clothing. I've attached a picture of me pointing at my apex next to the point of the seam so you can see how off it is. I will be so sad to see this go because the charcoal and magenta coloring is the most stunning ... I've ever seen. But, alas, the bra is all wrong and the underwear is too small anyway. ((
**UPDATE** Now that my breasts are bigger, they definitely fill the cup, but the band is still to large and with the combo of the wires being too narrow, it sits on my breast tissue on the side, and are too low so my breasts want to STILL slip out the side. Also, now the cups point awkwardly down and away, so even though I get sexy moundage at the top of the cups, under shirts, the apexes are seriously east-westing. I just don't think this will ever work.
Original 2014 Review: This is a brand new bra purchased from the UK eBay site. First of all, it is absolutely gorgeous. The Charcoal/Raspberry combo is stunning. I purchased the matching short with suspenders, and they are mighty fine! This set is beautiful and I just HAD to have it no matter what...which is why the bra doesn't fit perfectly.
I bought this bra knowing that I would have to alter the band tighter. But the cup volume is really good. (Depth from armpit underwire across apex to edge of cup is 6.75, but from wire to wire it's about 7.75. Entering the depth was a bit confusing since the wires on this bra plunge so far in the middle.) When I swoop-and-scoop and have my fiance hold the band tighter, I fill the cups all the way. I don't get any cleavage, but that's because I have wide-set, shallow breasts and there are no push-up pads in this bra. Going down in the cup would probably cut in. If I'm not standing up perfectly straight, or I move my arms forward, the straps are so wide in my armpits that the cups buckle and large gaps form over my breasts. (Can see in images provided) The color is stunning though. Have I mentioned yet how much I love the colors?
The wires don't go very high under the arms, so that may be a problem, but hopefully after altering the band the wires and cups will fit tighter against my chest and no armpit spillage will happen. The width of the wires is great though.
While the band doesn't ride up yet (I'd say it has medium firm-ness), I still have to have it on the tightest hook with the straps pretty tight for the cups to press against my chest with no gaping. I hope to make the center gore a bit narrower and the band several inches shorter.
- Super plunge so it would be great under low necklines
- Despite plunge, wires luckily do not dig in.
- BEAUTIFUL colors and the details in the bows and decorative buttons add a great touch
- Staps are extremely adjustable
- Cup volume is good - wide and shallow, which is what I need
- Sturdy band, so when altered it shouldn't be too stretchy
- The fabric is really extremely soft on the inside of the cups, and the band material is very slippery and soft. Satin is very smooth and soft. Very comfortable fabrics all around.
- Band is too loose
- Details will show under thin shirts
- Dart in lace causes a slight pucker and point at the bust apex; could look like east-westing nipples worn under shirts that aren't tight/thick enough to flatten the points down.
- Cups gap when arms press against body or face forward.
I wish I could have this in my true size, 28E, but my options are limited money-wise so hopefully altering will work out! I will add updates once altered.
615 more words
Updated on Nov 11, 2015 Flag this