Compare this bra
Listed bras (4)
Search by measurements
|Strap width||1.5 |
This bra fits me nicely in the 30DD size, so I thought I would try sister-sizing into the 28E. Unfortunately, it does not fit nearly as well. The band is comfortable, and the wires seem to be a perfect width. Yet the lace at the top edge of the cups cuts into my breast tissue. There is a little bit of wrinkling/empty space in the top of the cup on my smaller side, which combined with the quad-ing leads me to believe this is cut for someone with a little more projection than me. The wires are a tad too short (I have ... the same problem in the 30DD), but they're still better than nearly every other bra I've tried.
Edit: After comparing this bra's fit side by side with my Lucy 30DD, it seems as though the 28E magnifies all the minor fit/form issues of the 30DD. In the 30DD, the lace edge cuts in ever so slightly, and is only noticeable when I deeply inhale. So for some reason the 30DD accommodates my shallowness and gives a fit I'm satisfied with, while the 28E does not. I'm not sure if this is an issue of sizing, scaling, or if it could just be variances within the different bra colors. I have the 30DD in both pink and black. This 28E is in the white color, and I may reorder a white 30DD just to compare.
Updated on Aug 06, 2013 Flag this
Band is a little too tight on me, boobs fill the cups fine. Seems to hold my boobs lower than I would like, but it's fairly round which i like. Gets more uncomfortable the longer I wear it, especially on the sides. I might put this in my rotation
Updated on Apr 28, 2018 Flag this
Quite comfortable. Great every day bra. Sheer and pretty, not va-va-va-voom sexy. Shows only as one would expect a seamed bra to show under clothes. Great for sweaters, blouses and lined dresses but not recommended for close fitting T-shirts. Surprisingly, smaller cups than the Cleo Marcie of the same size.
Updated on Nov 15, 2017 Flag this
- I always hear people talk about the Cleo Lucy as a wider bra, but in this size (28E) it's actually pretty narrow. There's only slightly more width at the sides than other Cleo models have, and that's only because the gore is so wide. If the gore were altered to be narrower, it would be a narrow bra. Speaking of which...
- The Lucy has an extremely wide gore. For me, the width causes it to sit on breast tissue and prevents it from fully tacking.
- I experience some slight gaping at the top, not enough that it shows through clothing, and not enough that I would mind ... if it weren’t for the other fit issues, but I do find it odd as Lucy is recommended for FOB shapes. I have an even shape myself, but you would think someone FOB would then experience more gaping, right? Maybe my root is slightly too short or something? I honestly don’t know, and I don’t get this issue in any other bra except the Parfait Casey. Edit: After more experience, I suspect this is probably due to the bra being slightly too shallow for me. It has about average projection, and I need more than that.
- I have a lot of center fullness, and while I wouldn’t go so far as to say the Lucy is lacking in center fullness (it’s still wearable), it’s not one of the best bras I have tried for this shape either.
- I have issues with wires whose shape does not match the shape of my IMF, and the Lucy is one of the worst offenders in this regard. The curve is too c shaped and digs into my ribs at the outside bottom corners. This is the main problem I have with this bra as it becomes extremely painful to wear after a few hours.
- I can’t comment on whether the band runs large, small or true to size, but I found it comfortable on my 26 inch ribcage. I stopped wearing it after about a week due to other issues, so I don’t know how it would wear over time.
Updated on Feb 13, 2016 Flag this
this bra has the same problem with not filling the cup as the millie does for me but it is not quite as obvious in the lucy. but if I hold my arms out in front of me the cups gape alot. I feel like my splayed boobs are not going along with the front and center the bra is going for, it's like it's not sturdy enough to make them go there. my nipples clearly sit below the apex of the bra so maybe I need to size down?
Updated on Apr 13, 2015 Flag this
Super comfy. The band feels slightly tighter than most 28 bands. The fabric is very thin and doesn't hide my nipples well through a shirt. Supposedly this bra will hide most people's nipples since they line up with the seams, but my breasts may be too far apart for this to work as it should.
Updated on Mar 16, 2015 Flag this
This is the white Lucy. I like the strap width and the more narrow cups than the larger sized Lucy Cleos. I get quadboob above the center gore and above the left cup after I scoop.
Very pretty lacey bra. Band is perfect, comfortable fit.
Updated on Feb 21, 2015 Flag this
The cups are too small for me, and the band although a 28 (which is what i measure) seems a little on the tight side...
The material feels good enough; it isn't particularly smooth or soft but it isn't scratchy or stiff. Still, I think it does a good job with structure and support due to it's less stretchy material (the band does not ride up). Other than that, I cannot say more because this bra did not fit me. Will be returning it.
Updated on Jan 01, 2015 Flag this
It's a gorgeous bra.
The top of the cups are fairly closed, so they're going to cut easily if you're not full-on-bottom.
Unfortunately the band is very stretchy, it's on it's last hook on me immediately.
I haven't decided if it's worth the return fee and the hassle though.
Updated on Sep 05, 2013 Flag this
I was so sad this bra didn't fit! The cups are just a little too small; they cut into tissue at both the top and the sides, near my arms. The center gore didn't hurt at all though, and the band felt good. It would have been comfortable if it were the right size. The fabric is really silky and smooth, and the lace at the top didn't itch.
Updated on Feb 22, 2013 Flag this
- 4 Pages