This is my attempt #2 on the new, lower-wired Panache bras. The Elsa was a bit of a disappointment as it wasn't a true balconette, but as the Fern seemed to have a different cut in pictures, I decided to give it a try.
- Supportive. The mesh is actually quite robust.
- Pretty. I love the print!
- Sturdy, tight band. Very good!
- Upfront-and-center shape.
- Soft but non-stretchy straps.
- Scratchy under the hooks. I'm hoping for a Freya Piper-phenomen, that it'll soften after a few washes.
- The cup shape may look very pointy on some women. It's not bad on me, ... but definitely pointier than for example Freyas are in general.
- Relatively high center gore in HH cup (and beyond, likely). It fits me great, but could be a problem on someone with a shorter torso.
- Even though this bra is a true balconette, I'm still not quite happy with the profile I'm getting. It's not droopy by any means, but also not the kind of perky-up'n'go-go like certain Freyas and Ewa Michalaks are.
However, I'm sure this will make a great everyday bra to use with looser-fitting clothes. My only complaint is the slight scratchiness of the hook cover, otherwise this bra feels great on.
edit: the slight creasing I get on the side of the cup affects only my smaller breast which is almost a cup size smaller than the other one, so if your both breasts are the same size, the Fern fits true in 32HH.
151 more words
This bra is not owned any more
Updated on Nov 18, 2012 Flag this