This review is for the Maidenform Comfort Devotion Tailored Extra Coverage T-Shirt Bra (model 09436). I specify because there are several versions of the Maidenform Comfort Devotion (which, from the photos, would have a very different fit).
* This is moulded cup underwire bra.
* The fabric is super soft - the softest of any bra I've ever tried on.
* Very smooth - a good choice for T-shirt bra.
* The underwires end lower in the gore than most but this doesn't seem to affect the fit nor comfort (on my shallow, wide-set, horizontal oval shape).
* Wire is slightly padded - almost ... don't know that it's there. (However, this padding takes up a bit room inside lower part of the cup so may not be best for very full on bottom shapes. But could work as padding is much smaller than found in a push-up bra.)
* Gives breasts a pleasing round shape (not too conical, projected, or oval).
* Has great coverage of the area where the armpit meets the chest wall so nicely contains that loose skin in the high underarm without pinching with movement.
* Wing height (band width) strikes the perfect balance between high enough to hold everything in but not so high that the wire or seam poke into the armpit.
* Very reasonably priced (reg $24, sale $20) and easily available (Amazon).
* Will the super soft band hold up to washing? Pill? Relax quickly? Don't know yet.
* Only comes in 34-40 B-DD (US sizes). If they made a 32DD (a sister size), I would try it.
It's a keeper!
Have sensory sensitivity or sensitive skin? This is a bra worth trying.
UPDATE 10 months later:
* My go-to tee-shirt bra because it is absolutely invisible under thin fabrics. Like it so much, I now own this bra in beige, black, and white.
* Still a very comfy bra. Fabric has stayed smooth and soft. Padding still uber smooth (no wrinkles or lumps), despite machine washing.
* Have been wearing about once per week. Is washed after 3-4 wears (fewer in the summer). Machine washed, cold water, inside lingerie bag, normal cycle, hang dry.
* Band fabric has relaxed slightly faster than traditionally banded bras purchased about the same time (and worn & washed identically). I've noticed that axillary breast tissue starts to slip under the wires near the end of the day because the band doesn't pull against it as firmly. However, it's not uncomfortable due to the padding on the wire, but does make the top edge of the cup start to gap.
* At this price (now $29 on Amazon) I don't care if they need to be replaced more often (since my other favorite bras are Chantelle's at $70-80 each).
369 more words
Updated on May 25, 2019 Flag this