Bra » Ewa Michalak » Pl Onyks (196) » 65GG » Bras » Owner
|Search by measurements|
The PL Onyks is the best fitting bra I have ever tried and is pretty much perfect for me. This is the first Ewa Michalak bra I have purchased and I was fortunate enough to have ordered it in the correct size (postage to Australia is quite dear at AU$23). The size calculator on the Ewa Michalak website calculated me to be a 65G but I ordered the 65GG because my measurements correspond to this size on the website's size chart.
I feel the construction of this bra is almost perfect for me and it solves some difficult bra fitting problems I often experience. It features:
* Projected cups, as opposed to shallow cups, which means the cups have enough room for me, especially at the bottom where they are perfectly filled.
* Shorter cups as opposed to taller cups; they cover less of the chest and do not rub under my arms.
* A low (and narrow enough) centre gore, so for me the wires do not rest on breast tissue. I wouldn't mind a lower and/or narrower gore but this is really the best I have come across.
* A stretchy yet supportive band. My ribcage comfortably measures 28 inches and this band is comfortable and allows me room to breathe.
* Stretchy, supportive and comfortable straps. No matter how firm the band on a bra, I always get a lot of support from the straps and these straps do the job very well.
Moreover, this bra is extremely comfortable. I cannot stress that enough. I find myself mentally comparing this bra to the black Freya Deco I own (which was previously my best fitting bra), but for me, the PL Onyks is well above and beyond the Deco as far as both fit and comfort are concerned.
I think the wires in this bra are quite rigid and I can feel them against my sternum but they don't really dig in and they seem to be becoming more comfortable the longer I wear the bra. The only problem I have (and this seems to be a common problem) is that the comfort straps do not adjust to be short enough for me. I may try to alter them but in all honesty, the regular straps are comfortable enough. I'd also like to note that when the bra arrived there was a slight pull of some sort on the cup but it is hardly noticeable and I do not feel it affects the quality of the bra.
Ordering this bra was well worth the risk. It looks and feels wonderful. I am very happy with this purchase and I think Ewa Michalak makes lovely bras; I look forward to trying more in the future.
Updated on Nov 08, 2013 Flag this
On Oct 2013 It fit her!
On Apr 2013
- Center gore comfort:
- Underwires dig into sternum, because they are too high
- Strap separation:
- Not a problem