This bra is cuter in person! The tassel is just adorable, and I love the lacy straps. I was a little unsure about the cup size -- It feels almost borderline too small, and while the cups are comfortable and don't cause quadboob at the boundary, it's just small enough that there's slight bulging in the upper cup under the fabric. I'd call it on the small side of fitting. If a 30H fits me, generally, it means the style runs bigger (I'm usually more of a 30HH/J), so take heed!
The biggest problem with this bra is that the band is very stiff, as several reviewers have mentioned, and the band is quite tight. I'm keeping this size because I figure a band this stiff won't be terribly elastic when it does start to loosen, so I'm anticipating a dramatic change in band size over its wear.
Such an elegant bra. Sadly, it's slightly baggy at the top of the cups for me, although a fitter at a local lingerie store told me I could alter it. The center gore tacks perfectly and the underwires are just the right width, so I don't know why I get the feeling that this is "too much bra" for me, but that's how I feel.
This bra was really pretty and gave a very nice round shape. Unfortunately the wires were way more narrow than other Panache and Masquerade bras in this size, while the band was significantly firmer. I was almost unable to fasten it, and felt like I was dying once I had. Because my breast tissue is so soft, this forced the gore to tack even though the lower volume of the cups was too shallow for me. The resulting compression of my lower breasts was pretty uncomfortable. Someone with more a full on top shape (I'm more even) and narrower root would do better in this bra than I did, especially if they got the correct size. I needed a 38H or 38HH for this bra to come close to being comfortable.
I purchased the Persia in Sapphire from Figleaves as it was on sale. I was very pleased with the appearance of the bra and the feel of the fabric but I experienced issues with the fit, such as:
- The high centre gore being uncomfortable. It was painful against my sternum and the wires were too far apart for me as I am quite close-set.
- The band being too firm for my liking. I measure 28 inches around my ribcage although I could quite easily fasten this band on the second set of hooks, it was uncomfortable for me and I felt great relief when I removed the bra. ...I am sure this is because of the type of fabric and the lack of stretch. I think if I were to wear a 28 band size in this bra, it would put undue stress on the band and on myself; I believe a 30 band would be more appropriate for me.
Other things I would like to note about the bra:
- I found the cup to be the right size but it gave a flattened appearance which I find unflattering.
- I found the lining on the bottom of the cup to match well with my skin tone.
- I did not find the straps too wide-set in this bra. Because of this, the area under the arm, between the underwire and straps, did not rub against me painfully as it has done with other balconette styles I have tried.
- The straps are partially adjustable. The adjustable part of the strap measures 1.7cm; the non-adjustable part of the strap measures 1.4cm and has lace detailing which makes the bra as wide as 2.9cm in some areas.
I really am a fan of this bra in terms of how it looks and feels to the touch, but unfortunately it does not work with me so it will be returned. I would like to try this bra in 30GG (and I'm sure I would be tempted to keep it) but I know that it ultimately wouldn't work for me. Much to my disappointment, I am starting to believe that I cannot wear balconette bras at all. Masquerade make stunning bras; I really hope that in the future they will release a greater variety of styles and sizes so their creations can be more greatly appreciated. Read more 282 more words
This is a really nice bra, and as someone who is in between band sizes, it worked well, although the back did need a tiny bit of breaking in beforehand. The cups fit me ridiculously well, so that the skin effect works, even if I'm too pasty white for the more tan bra.
Gorgeous to look at, very comfortable, and thiiiiiis close to fitting. If it hadn't fit on the tightest hook right away, and if I didn't have such narrow shoulders, I would have kept it. I ended up exchanging it for the 30G because the cup measurements seemed so similar. Fingers crossed that the exchange pays off. Seems like it will be a good fit otherwise.
I loved this when I first bought it. It was the best fit I had come across (i find it impossible to find something that really fits) and was really firm in the back and supportive. Lately it has been annoying me a bit thought, not sure if my size/shape has changed a bit, or possibly it is just that the bra is now getting a bit older and might have stretched a bit. The centre is quite high, so if you have close together breasts this could be a bit of a poblem, but the shape is good and the fabric is really strong and supportive. I think it is very pretty - although not quite sure, it is a bit of an aquired look.
Also, I find whilst he straps are ok if I have them as tight as they go, I find the clasp slides down, and they won't stay as tight as I need. I think I will sew them in place, which should help.