When I got this bra, I was thrilled with its satiny luxurious look. Bought it to go under a dress in the same colour, but the lace was showing through, so never got to wear it. It's been sitting in my drawer for some time now. I just put it on today to decide whether to take the lace off or list it, when I realised, that both the straps and cups were too far apart and it wasn't the best fit for my frame and shape. Well, at least I don't have to fiddle with the lace, ha!
I fell in love with this bra the minute I saw it. There's something very romantic about the colourway and material combo that just works. I ended up getting matching thong because I loved the material so much.
As much as I love the appearance of the bra on its own, it does not agree with my boob shape. The cups close too quickly in the centre and cut into my cleavage despite this being a plunge bra. It seems to want to pull my breasts east-west.
I've read that the band should feel pretty snug, but I feel like this bad is ultra stretchy. It's a 28 band ...that rides up as much as my Freya 30 bands. I think this has to do with the type of elastic inside having more give. I do like the hook closures though; they have a shiny metal coating which seems less likely to chip and peel like the paint that is normally used on hooks.
I ended up keeping it anyway despite the less than ideal fit. There's something about the colours and fabric that puts a smile on my face
This bra is lovely in appearance and seems to be of high quality. Whilst I love the look and feel of the bra, it is not the right size for me and the underwires put far too much pressure on my sternum. The fit issues I have with this bra are:
* The band is too loose. After trying the Masquerade Delphi (6411) and Masquerade Persia (6581) both in the size of 28H and finding that they were uncomfortable for my (28 inch) ribcage, I figured I should order my next Masquerade bra in the size of 30GG. This band is far too big for ...me to be supportive. It fairly comfortably stretches to 78cm but it can stretch even further due to its stretchy band. As a result, I think this band runs larger than other Masquerade bras in 30 bands.
* The cups are too tall. This is a problem with I have had with almost all bras I have encountered (even in ill-fitting bras with cups that are too small). All bras seem to come up high under my armpits and often too high on my chest for my liking. I often have empty space at the bottom of cups because of this and also because cups are almost always too shallow for me. Because of the comfortable material used on this bra, its height under my arms may not be so much of an issue but it gapes at the top and covers too much, more like a full coverage bra.
* The cups are slightly too large. As mentioned earlier, they gape at the top. I cannot gauge too accurately whether or not they are normal for a 30GG plunge in this brand but I think they may run large. I could downsize but the projection, especially at the bottom of the cup, is very good for me in this size.
* The wires at the gore painfully assault my sternum. I'm not sure why this is but I think they could be bent to a more comfortable position.
* The cups are too far apart at the centre. I am close-set and to get the best fit I would like to cups to have virtually no distance between them at the centre. I would also like the gore to be lower but I understand that it may not work well for many other customers.
* The straps do not adjust tightly enough. For me they may be fine on the tightest setting but I'm sure there are others who need them to adjust more tightly. Of course, this is the problem with partially adjustable straps.
Overall the Amira was disappointing for me. Perhaps it could work if I downsize if both band and cup to a 28GG but that risks the cup not having enough projection for me. This seems to be the complication I have with every single bra that virtually fits; it is either too shallow all over or too shallow at the bottom of the cups, but too tall in the cups and too tall under the arms. I await my Pl Onyks... Read more 411 more words
I like this bra's fit, but am not too keen on the colour or the lace. There's mesh inside the band, so I think it'll be more breathable. The straps are nice and thick and the hooks are unpainted metal.
This is my first Panache bra. Oh my goodness, such loveliness. I'm afraid to wear it and get it dirty. It seems like it would be a crime against bramanity. Seriously, this is a really pretty bra. It gives me a green shape. I can see why it's considered a luxury brand. I like the shiny metal details, and the silvery-lavender material is gorgeous. The gore is a little high for me, and there is a very slight gapping around the gore on my larger side (much more gapping on the smaller side), but it doesn't show under a shirt and I've seen much worse.
Update: Ouch! Had to ...take it off after a little while of wearing it. The gore is just too much for me. D,: Update 2: Still sore the next day. This bra really didn't agree with me.
Update 3: Tried an extender, but still looked weird and more like a full cup instead of a plunge. This was as close as I was going to get to a correct size; it just wasn't the right shape for me. Exchanged it for a Panache Andorra plunge. Read more 79 more words
The most gorgeous bra...doesn't fit me. Despite my measurements telling me that I am a 30E and all of my 30DD's being small this bra didn't fit me which leads me to believe that it could run large in the cups. Time to sell I guess :/
i bought this in a size too small (didn't realize it at the time) from lingerie heaven. their prices are good and their customer service is FANTASTIC - clare is super sweet, and very helpful.
this bra is so pretty! a kind of muted, grey-ish lilac color (they call it elderberry) with a satin-y sheen to it. this bra is SO SOFT and SO COMFORTABLE. since it was too small, i was quadboobing, and it seems rather shallow. the lacey patterned stuff is only tacked on to the cup at certain points (you can see them on the inside), so you have to be careful or you might snag it on something while you're not wearing it. my major issue is that the straps aren't fully adjustable, and unfortunately that's just not going to work out for me since i'm so short.
This bra is very pretty in person. It fits well and is fairly comfortable, though the straps don't have a lot of elastic in them and, therefore, stretch out by the end of the day. The crocheted lace applique on the cups can sometimes show under shirts.
This is the most lovely bra! The material is sooo soft and silky, and the lace is simply beautiful. I really bought it based on how it looks, but it also fits like a dream! The color is a pale purple, very delicate, with cream lace. I am seriously in love with this bra!
This is the first masquerade/panache bra I've ever had that fit me so beautifully. The band is a bit stretchier than I'd like, but I measure below 28" underbust, so there's not much I can do outside of alterations.