This is just a preliminary review - I will have to have the back taken in before I can wear it properly. But anyway, first impressions.
- The back is on the large side for a 30, which sucks for me as someone who is really a 28 anyway.
- The straps are pretty long - they were juuuuust tight enough when I had tightened them as much as possible.
- I'm not in love with the shape, but it's not bad, and the bra itself is very pretty. Love the little lace and button details on the front.
- I had wrinkles in ...the bottom of the cup that I could only get rid of through ridiculous amounts of maneuvering, which makes me think it's a shape issue and not a size issue. For reference, I am full all over, and generally do well with deep cups.
- I don't think I could go down a size, MAYBE a half, but that's it. However, I felt like it takes a good amount of jiggle, scoop and swoop, and repositioning to get my boobs to fill the cup. Once they're there, though, there is little to no extra space, especially with the straps tight enough.
- I'm pretty full on top, and the lace at the top is thisclose to cutting in.
- Seems like it will be very comfortable, once I get all the fit stuff right. Read more 143 more words
First of all, I think this bra is gorgeous but it won't be everyone's favorite. There's definitely a lot of fabric. The straps are very thick, and the cups aren't sheer but that's part of what I like about it. It doesn't feel matronly or frumpy to me, but I suppose that someone looking for a sexier option won't be as much a fan. The band on this bra is VERY stretchy. I have quite a bit of room on the tightest hook. I measure exactly 32 inches around the ribcage, so a 32 should not be so loose on me. The cups on this bra are too small ...for me, and actually the loose band helps disguise that (after scooping and swooping, my boobs fall right into the band because it's so loose). However, when I put it on there is quite a bit of overspill and the center gore doesn't lie flat. I think I could do well with a 30HH in this bra, since it seems to be one band size big and one cup size small. In terms of comfort and shape, I like this bra a lot. It gives a nice, uplifted shape and the thick straps and wide band make it very comfy. Read more 99 more words
It has become clear to me (again, I've concluded this before, but I decided to try again) that Freya is really, really, not for me. This one is not quite as bad as the Faye, but still inadequate underwires, sitting way out from my chest (although with this one I think the cups actually are too small). I do like that it has sort of a side-support panel and the angle of the straps is better for me (pointing slightly in). It looks like it should be come kind of textured material, but it's really just a printed pattern (the inside is plain), which I guess is good in that it won't show through shirts, but it doesn't look that good. The main cup material is smooth, with lace detailing along the top edge. The lace is a little scratchy. I do like the little button detail on the center gore, a nice change from a bow.
I feel like this bra fits me well. It's super comfortable and really pretty. The cons are that the center gore doesn't sit exactly flat on me, which doesn't bother me too too much...I'm not sure if it's a fit or style issue on me. I think I am used to bras with slightly taller center gores, so it feels a little different than what I'm used to. It does not poke me anywhere which is huuuuge! My larger side seems to "double-boob" after I move around in it a bit, but I think going up a cup size would be much too big. I have read other reviews about this style fitting kind of strangely, so I think it's just the style giving me a tiny problem.
38J, The gore sticks out too far, and the cups are too small. Will see if I can find a larger size. Also, was able to comfortably wear on tightest hook. I measured the gore height as 4", and the cup separation as 1".
The band was way too big, so it felt insecure and the gore was a full inch away from my sternum. The cups fit poorly, with some quad-boob at the top, but extra fabric under the arm. After wearing for a few minutes my breast tissue shifted towards the center, under the gore. Despite looking somewhat more solid than the mesh of the Patsy, the fabric felt somewhat plasticy and less rich, though the fabric covering the wires and under the straps was comfortable.