I am head-over-heels in love with the look of this bra. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love all of the careful details, the little spirals on the straps and at the back closure, and the lovely embroidery. Magically, the butted seams are invisible under clothes... and somehow, I don't understand how, the embroidery doesn't show through either. I've never loved the looks or design of a bra as much as this one. I've tried a lot of pretty bras on, but I seldom buy and keep them because I dismiss them as impractical. But this one is both!
That being said... the 28FF ... is a smidge too small for me. The central gore tacks to my chest, but I get a bit of quadra-boob on the edge of the lace. I decided to keep it anyways, but I wish I had held out for a 28G or a 30FF.
- Appearance - A hands down winner, I've never seen a bra I found prettier. As a bonus, it doesn't cover as much chest real estate as the Emily.
- Shape - I like the shape of the Romance best of all the CK softcups I've tried. It's uplifted and natural from the side. It's "boob-shaped", not perfectly round like a Freya Deco, but not pointy.
- Quality - The band is neat. It feels quite firm, and yet I can stretch it quite a lot. It offers a nice resistance.
- Comfort - The band is tighter and firmer than what I'm used to, but still pretty comfy. The straps are fully adjustable.
- Since the coverage isn't quite as full as in the CK Emily or my Fantasie Esme, I feel a bit of bounce at the top.
Edit... After wearing this bra again briefly, I decided I couldn't deal with the fact that the cups were too small. I really shouldn't have been so excited and clip the tags. I'm on the hunt for a 28G or 30FF, and I'll be listing this one.
Edit again... Found a 30FF and the fit is perfect! Review to come.
255 more words
This bra is not owned any more
Updated on Jul 24, 2012 Flag this