ABOUT THIS BRA
This is an unpadded, seamed, half cup, underwire bra with polka dots.
* $68 on Amazon with free Prime shipping & returns
* Also available with Amazon Wardrobe.
* Available in black, beige, white, yellow, blue, and purple -- all with tone-on-tone polka dots.
* One layer of smooth (not dotted) stretch mesh.
* Wing support: seaming.
* Continuous band - wires lower than wings.
* Back close with 3 columns of hooks.
* smooth elastic with outer ridges
* soft (don’t stand up on their own)
* full adjust
* leotard back
* 2-seam (3-piece) half cup
* unpadded, average strength underwire
* Inner top edge of cup is edged with elastic. Outer cup edge is non-stretch seaming.
* ... Top panel is stretch lace (unlined).
* All other panels are constructed of non-stretch mesh over a non-stretch, semi-opaque knit.
* Soft cups (no padding or molding).
ABOUT ME: petite with wide horizontal oval, slightly conical breasts
* average projection
* average-set (one finger width of space between breasts)
* very wide roots (extend past the mid-axillary line)
* even horizontal fullness (just barely outer full)
* short root height, average vertical placement
* mix of firm & soft tissue (front molds to shape of bra, sides push wimpy wires away)
* conical shape (but will squish to round)
* full on top (2/4 shape, not even or very full) - BUT functionally even to FOB due to short roots and soft tissue
* petite (5'3") so have narrow frame
* front (anterior) rib flares
* length: band rides up
* wings: way too short
Gore: Tacks. Height & width fine.
* Way too far apart. Slip.
* Adjust short enough, but already at shortest setting so won’t be able to tighten when elastic relaxes.
* Wires very narrow.
* Top of cup: wrinkles or gaps (expects more upper fullness)
* Bottom of cup: wrinkles or gaps (not enough immediate projection at wire)
* Cup apex: fits (not too deep, too shallow, nor off-center)
* Strong wires aren’t pushed down or out.
* Just covers boobs, doesn’t provide much shaping.
* Outer edge of cup encloses Tail of Spence (and it stays there).
Assessment & Plan:
* Band too big. Cups too narrow and deep. Also tried +1 cup size (32FF) which had wide enough wires but is even deeper. This model is too projected for me. STOP, SHAPE MIS-MATCH (too projected).
* Also, when will I stop trying half-cup styles? The straps are too wide-set for my petite frame -- slip and cut into tail of Spence.
* This style is recommended on r/abtf for FoB/even, wide-ish roots, above average projection, and rounding horizontal oval breasts. This should have checked so many of my fit boxes, but it didn’t.
* I recommend this model for FoT/even with above average projection and average (not narrow, not wide) roots and average to broad shoulders (not narrow). It probably would round-out horizontal oval breasts, if it is the correct width and depth.
363 more words
This bra is not owned any more
Updated on Jul 16, 2019 Flag this