Compare this bra
Search by measurements
|Strap width||1.5 |
This was my first long line bra. I'd debated of whether to try one; I have a short torso (very little space between the bottom of my rib cage and the top of my hip bones) and I worried it would be too long on me. Luckily my torso length (or lack of length https://d28qt14g3opchh.cloudfront.net/smileys/icon_smile.gif" alt=":)" />) is not an issue.
The cups fit true to size for a 32FF. The cups are closed on top but do not cause any cutting in or quad-booming (I have even fullness). The wires do come up a bit too high into my armpit for my liking (for ... this reason, Bratabase flagged this bra as a non-fitting one for me) but it isn't painful.
The band fits snug like a typical Cleo. It feels a bit too tight right now -- probably due to the additional length -- but I know once I break it in a bit it'll be perfect. Getting the bra on was a challenge for me - took me a while on my own. When I sit I do find the band rolled up a bit but it wasn't visible under clothing; I was able to swiftly pop it back into place with my thumb once I stood up.
Now onto the color! The online pictures do not do the color justice! It is a rich, vibrant cobalt blue - more vibrant in person. I think this shade will look gorgeous on many different skin tones.
If you're on the fence about this bra, my vote is to try it! You might be surprised.
Updated on Oct 02, 2016 Flag this
About this Bra
* $23.19 on Amazon with free Prime shipping & returns (not Amazon Wardrobe)
* not available in neutral colors (only bright, bold colors)
* One layer of stretch mesh outside boning (between boning and clasps).
* Band between cup/wire and wing boning constructed of non-stretch lace lined with non-stretch mesh.
* Elastic at top of band.
* Wing support: boning.
* Continuous band - band straight under wires (a short longline, will not provide waist shaping)
* Back close with 3 columns of hooks.
* Extra boning beneath each apex to prevent rolling/bunching.
* smooth elastic
* soft (don't stand up on their own)
* full adjust
* straight back (not leotard)
* 3-seam (4-piece) half-cup (top ... edge is diagonal, not horizontal, so I can't call this a balconette)
* unpadded, stiff underwire
* Upper panel is mesh with only vertical stretch (no horizontal stretch) and lined with non-stretch mesh.
* Lower panels are non-stretch lace lined with non-stretch mesh.
* Soft cups (no padding or molding).
About me: petite with wide horizontal oval, slightly conical breasts
* average projection
* wide-set (3 fingers width of space between breasts)
* very wide roots (extend past the mid-axillary line)
* even horizontal fullness (just barely outer full)
* short root height, average vertical placement
* mix of firm & soft tissue (front molds to shape of bra, sides push wimpy wires away)
* conical shape (but will squish to round)
* full on top (2/4 shape, not even or very full) - BUT functionally even to FOB due to short roots and soft tissue
* petite (5'3") so have narrow frame
* front (anterior) rib flares
* length: fits
* wings: barely high enough
* no axillary skin spillage
* Smooths my rib flares nicely.
Gore: Comfortable, tacks, good spacing, height fine.
* Cups far too big. Fabric only covers breasts (with gapping) and provides no shaping.
* Wires wide enough (SO RARE).
* Bottom of cup filled (enough immediate projection at the wire).
* Upper, outer edge of cup cuts into tail of Spence.
* not too far apart
* adjust short enough
Comfort & Fit Summary
* I tried this bra because it looked pretty in pictures. The mini-longline band is very flattering (accents my narrow ribcage).
* I chose this size based off a measurements search (cup depth & wire width) here on bratabase. The cups were wide enough, but far too big, so this style may be too projected for me.
* Think about trying a 32E or 32F. According to measurements table, as cup size drops in this range, cup depth decreases but cup width stays the same.
Updated on Jul 06, 2019 Flag this
This was my first attempt at a longline bra. I got it in acid coral which is basically neon orange. I liked the material, but the fit wasn't right for me. The band is on the tight side of snug. I have mixed feelings about the longline aspect - it isn't bad, but the side boning digs into my ribs. The gore is good for me, but the cups are a little small and give me some quad-boob. I think the cups are too deep and narrow for me. The underwire digs into my armpit - I'm not sure if that is because of the height or the width.
Updated on Apr 07, 2019 Flag this
Didn't write a review
Added on Oct 13, 2019