ABOUT THIS BRA:
This is an unpadded, mini-longline with wired half-cups.
* $41.17 on Amazon with free Prime shipping & returns (not Amazon Wardrobe)
* not available in neutral colors (only hot pink, acid coral, and bright blue)
* One layer of stretch mesh outside boning (between boning and clasps).
* Band between cup/wire and wing boning constructed of non-stretch lace lined with non-stretch mesh.
* Elastic at top of band.
* Wing support: boning.
* Full band - band straight under wires (a short longline, will not provide waist shaping)
* Back close with 3 columns of hooks.
* Extra seaming (not boning) beneath each apex to prevent rolling/bunching. (spoiler: fails).
* smooth elastic without outer lacy ... ridges
* soft (don't stand up on their own)
* full adjust
* straight back (not leotard)
* 3-seam (4-piece) half-cup (top edge is diagonal, not horizontal, so I can't call this a balconette)
* unpadded, stiff underwire
* Upper panel is non-stretch mesh with dot embroidery.
* Lower panels are non-stretch lace.
* The entire cup is lined with a non-stretch mesh.
* Soft cups (no padding or molding).
ABOUT ME: petite with wide horizontal oval, slightly conical breasts
* average projection
* average-set (one finger width of space between breasts)
* very wide roots (extend past the mid-axillary line)
* even horizontal fullness (just barely outer full)
* short root height, average vertical placement
* mix of firm & soft tissue (front molds to shape of bra, sides push wimpy wires away)
* conical shape (but will squish to round)
* full on top (2/4 shape, not even or very full) - BUT functionally even to FOB due to short roots and soft tissue
* petite (5'3") so have narrow frame
* front (anterior) rib flares
* length: difficult to fasten (tight) but once on is comfy and stays in place with wear
* wings: too short, boobs escape
* After bending over, the band scrunches up in front because there is no boning there.
* Unable to smooth my rib flares.
Gore: Comfortable, tacks, good spacing, height fine.
* too far apart, slip
* adjust short enough
* Wires wide enough (SO RARE).
* Smooth line at top of cup on larger breast. (Tiny wrinkles on smaller breast -- acceptable.)
* Bottom of cup filled (enough immediate projection at the wire).
* Apex fits (not too deep, too shallow, nor off-center).
* Gives a wide, oval, breasts-in-the-armpits shape.
* Upper, outer edge of cup cuts into tail of Spence.
* Lace is scratchy.
Assessment & Plan
* Band & cups fit. Straps too wide and cups cut into tail of Spence. Unattractive shaping. Front of mini-longline band scrunches up due to lack of boning.
* Longlines without boning don't stay put. Don't bother with them.
* Stop trying half-cup styles -- the wide-set straps slip and rub on my tail of Spence.
336 more words
Acid Coral colorway
This bra is not owned any more
Updated on Jul 16, 2019 Flag this