Shape: round, projected, even, close set, on the narrow end of average root width.
UPDATE: After wearing this a few days over the last couple weeks I have to amend what I said in my original review: while the sides don't LOOK super tall in the armpit, and didn't bother me during my review + fit check, my experience is that the underwire + side boning do end up rubbing in an uncomfortable way while wearing over the course of a full day. I don't have this problem with any other bras :/ It's disappointing, and it means that I'll probably limit wear of the Piper to special occasion ... or short wears only.
It's here! I finally got my hands on the Piper. Here's my quickie review:
- The color of this bra is even brighter and more saturated in real life. It's very striking and quite the statement piece - if you're into subtle, this ain't it.
- Love the little details. The eyelash lace at the bottom of the bra, the tiny polka dot print on the top mesh section of the cup, the lime green hooks to match the lime bow on the gore.
- The band fits true to size! I'd been worried after running into stretchy band after stretchy band in new Cleo colorways (Bluebell Marcie, Floral Della, and Turquoise Blake, with reports that the Leopard Della and Cerise Blake also suffered from the dreaded too-loose band). I was so concerned about this that I also ordered the 28F, just in case. Luckily, the 30E is comfy on the loosest hooks. The 28F - Cleo » Piper Longline Balconnet Bra (9351) is too tight to be comfortable for me, even on the loosest hooks.
- The cups are on the narrow end of average width, which is just about perfect for me. The cups have good immediate projection (are we calling it depth now? Immediate depth?). Wires sit right in my IMF, and don't budge. Actually, NOTHING budges in this bra. Perhaps it's the nature of the longline, but my breasts don't move *at all* in this thing - they are locked down in the cups.
- I'd heard there was the possibility of the sides running really tall under the armpits. I'm happy to announce that this isn't an issue for me at all.
- While the cups fit, I get some annoying wrinkling in the top (near the strap) and sides of the cup. The bra isn't too wide for me, and I fill out the cups, so not sure what's causing it.
- FOT or particularly tall-rooted folks take note: the top of the cup closes in quickly. I get the tiniest bit of quad boob on my larger side (check the angle shot), and I'm even-to-FOB.
- No super round and uplifted Marcie basketballs here. I would describe the shape as "my breasts but better" - a lower set, more natural shape. If you're VERY close set or have oodles of center fullness, you may find this to be a shape mismatch.
- Let's just put it out there: while this longline is beautiful, fastening the 5, yes, FIVE, hooks in the back is a huge pain. Save your wrists and get help, lol.
I'm really happy with this! Love the color, the fit is comfortable (especially for a longline), and the matching briefs (a good fit in UK10 for my 38" hips) are adorable. It's a keeper - and I look forward to stalking next spring's Acid Coral colorway!
476 more words
Updated on Oct 26, 2016 Flag this