Compare this bra
Search by measurements
|Strap width||1.5 |
Still trying to find my proper size. Got this bra here on bratabase as an experiment. What a great way to try a different bra that didn't work out for someone else.
Generally, I think the cups are too small for me. Not sure what band to get our how many cup sizes to go up.
Updated on Jul 16, 2018 Flag this
Bra description: Sunshine yellow, with subtle feminine details.
I typically wear 30 bands, but size up to a 32 in Cleo to avoid stretching the wires and altering the cup fit. I've noticed that sizing up in the band also makes that weird in-cup-quadding disappear.
The Marcie is shallower than I expected (shallower than the Cleo Lily and any of my unlined Freya), but still creates that classic cleo round shape. This bra is a little too big on me, so the top lace always gaped. The 32E fits like a dream though, so please check out that review for fit.
Updated on Mar 07, 2016 Flag this
So this bra fits okay in the lower cup, but the top has extra fabric. I think it's a cup too big. I'll keep it though because my cup size has increased from 30E to 30F and might keep going with migration so who knows? Maybe it will fit in a few months from now. I think this is equivalent to a 30FF? Might be wrong. Could try altering the cups in the mean time.
Updated on Sep 04, 2015 Flag this
I just received this bra in the mail and I couldn't be happier! There are no shops where I live that sell Cleo bras, so I wasn't sure what size to order. I made the right choice. I typically wear a 30F in Freya/Fantasie and either a 30F/FF in Panache. I erred on the side of caution with the Marcie and ordered a 32F – the 32 because it's the pink colourways which I had read was a bit stiff compared to the other colours. It was the perfect choice. I also own the Panache Andorra in this size, and while I love the lace upper cup, I find the gore far too tall for my comfort. The Marcie is a much better fit in that regard, plus I love the paired-down cups and wings – a rare find with bigger busts! All in all, I'm very happy and will certainly be purchasing more Cleo bras.
Updated on May 25, 2015 Flag this
Perfect fit. Fits exactly like my older pink Marcie, I was worried they changed the cut as others have said the new Marcie's are different, but that was not my experience. Band is a little tight, as usual with cleo, wearing an extender to break it in. Wire length is perfect. Material is a bit scratchy but will likely soften in a couple washes. The berry color is lovely, the pictures don't do it justice. It looks more red in photos but it's really more of a dark, deep pink. Very pleased with this bra!
Updated on Nov 20, 2014 Flag this
About this Bra
* $55 on Amazon with free Prime shipping & returns (not Amazon Wardrobe)
* fun, non-neutral colors are available
* One layer of stretch mesh.
* Elastic at top of band.
* Wing support: soft seaming.
* Continuous band - wires lower than wings.
* Back close with 3 columns of hooks.
* ridged elastic
* soft (don't stand up on their own)
* full adjust
* leotard back
* 2-seam (3-piece) half-cup (top edge is diagonal, not horizontal, so I can't call this a balconette)
* unpadded, stiff underwire (wire twists instead of stretching)
* Upper panel is non-stretch lace (unlined).
* Lower panels are two layers of non-stretch mesh.
* Soft cups (no padding or molding).
About me: petite with ... wide horizontal oval, slightly conical breasts
* average projection
* wide-set (3 fingers width of space between breasts)
* very wide roots (extend past the mid-axillary line)
* even horizontal fullness (just barely outer full)
* short root height, average vertical placement
* mix of firm & soft tissue (front molds to shape of bra, sides push wimpy wires away)
* conical shape (but will squish to round)
* full on top (2/4 shape, not even or very full) - BUT functionally even to FOB due to short roots and soft tissue
* petite (5'3") so have narrow frame
* front (anterior) rib flares
* length: fits
* wings: just barely tall enough
* no axillary skin spillage
Gore: Comfortable, tacks, good spacing, height fine.
* Gives a pleasantly round shape.
* Wire width good (SO RARE).
* Top of cup gaps.
* Bottom of cup filled (enough immediate projection at the wire).
* feel too far apart but don't slip
* adjust short enough
Comfort & Fit Summary
* Recommended for giving conical breast shapes (like mine) a nice round shape. It did this, but had other fit issues.
* Tried in multiple sizes (reviewed separately), all with a crummy fit. Once the cups were wide enough (32F), they were too big. Finally decided that this style is too projected for me and gave up.
Updated on Jul 06, 2019 Flag this
The Marcie is the closest I’ve had to a fitting bra since I lost 35 lbs last year (65 lbs total). I lost a lot of upper fullness, and have a bit of extra skin, so I had to start fitting from scratch again. I’m stunned at how much my body changed once my BMI went below 25.
I still have a lot of immediate projection and (I think) center fullness, so I’ve had a lot of trouble w collapsing cups or the cups sliding down over time from being too shallow. And if I managed to solve that problem, I found the wires were too high (I’m ... short waisted) or the upper cup cut into breast tissue if I scoop/swoop.
This is the first bra I’ve worn that almost solves both those issues; my pits would feel better if the wires were ~1 inch shorter. Hopefully, it will become less annoying once I wash it.
Update: after wearing the Marci for 8hrs, I discovered the entire band was sliding down; it was below my IMF by almost an inch! My short-waisted curse. https://d28qt14g3opchh.cloudfront.net/smileys/icon_sad.gif" alt=":(" />
Updated on Jan 03, 2018 Flag this
I quadboob in this remarkably, partly because it's a cup size too small, but I feel like it must be more than that! It's supposed to be the most open on top fit, so I assume it's actually too shallow in the bottom for me and that's pushing everything up. Hettie fits better, even in the same (too small) size.
Updated on May 17, 2017 Flag this
This bra was a great buy for me. The fit is great (I struggle with bras that come too high up or with too wide a gap between cups). The bra sits perfectly in position on me and can be comfortably worn all day long.
As with my other @Cleo bras (@Tilda and @Kayla), my one quibble is with the stretchiness of the band. I am a fairly standard 32 band, but I found I had to go to the tightest hooks right away with the Marcie. There is perhaps a little tissue disappearing under the band that I would ideally like to be contained in the cups.
I would certainly buy this bra again in future but might try sister sizing down to a 30FF.
Updated on Feb 05, 2017 Flag this
- 7 Pages