- Center gore placement:
- Doesn't lie flat against sternum
- Cups separation:
- Too separate for my boobs
- Band fit:
- I can fasten it, but it feels too tight
- Strap separation:
- Are too far apart
Bra » Masquerade » Delphi (6411) » 28H » Bras » Owner
|Search by measurements|
I purchased the Masquerade Delphi in the black/ivory colourway on sale from Figleaves. The bra is very attractive and appears to be very well-constructed. I would like to note that each cup has two seams in this size. The fit of the cup was very good, as was the uplift it provided. However, I experienced the following issues with the bra:
- The straps are too wide for my shoulders. I understand that balconette bras have wide-set straps but I do not have particularly narrow shoulders. I worry that the straps are not placed appropriately to suit many women.
- In combination with the wide-set straps, the cups are high under my armpits causing the area between the strap and the underwire to rub uncomfortably against me. I have experienced this issue with several bras and I think that if the straps were not so wide-set, there wouldn't be much discomfort. Please note that I do not find the underwires to be uncomfortable.
- The centre gore does not lay flat. Similarly to the Curvy Kate Tease Me I reviewed, the gore is pushed out a little as there is not enough space for it on my chest. On some bras (Masquerade Persia, Panache Confetti), the wires at the centre gore feel very rigid which means that they will sit on my chest but on breast tissue (which is very uncomfortable). The wires on the Delphi do not feel so tough at the centre gore and so they do not cause discomfort despite not fitting me well. I like that the gore is a bit lower than on some other balconette bras.
- I found the band to be uncomfortable. I measure almost exactly 28 inches around my ribcage but I would have been much more comfortable in a 30 band. This may be due to the materials used in this bra and the lack of stretch, or it may just be a matter of personal comfort.
Although I would like to keep it, I will be returning this bra. I believe that balconette bras are a style that will very rarely work with me. Masquerade make lovely lingerie to a high standard and I look forward to trying more of their designs in the future.
This bra is not owned any more
Updated on Apr 21, 2013 Flag this