The wires of my Panache Clara bra (http://bra.pe/XWoK/) were not comfortable (at all), so I decided to change them with BravoBella wires. I had done this before on a Cleo Juna and it worked out pretty well. I was a little afraid of ruining this pretty Panache bra, but I'm glad I decided to do it. Last time it was a little difficult to cut the wire channel, even though I used a sharp, very small knife. This time I decided to use a razor blade. It was so easy to neatly cut the channel with a safety razor blade! I'd recommend it to anyone thinking of opening wire channels. I took out the wires of the bra and noticed they were so thick, I haven't seen any wires this thick before... I don't really see why a bra with small cups need wires this strong. For my 30DD Cleo Juna I had used BravoBella wires in size 32. This time, because the gore comes up so high, I bought size 36 wires, which worked out well. The wires are about 0.75" too short, but I didn't want to have them poking on my gore anyway. After having changed the wires I cut the fabric at the top part of the gore (about 1 inch). I used a lighter to burn off some fuzzy lace and then overlapped the wires. Finally, I reattached the ribbon. I don't have a sewing machine, but it was pretty easy to do everything by hand. It's hard to get your needle all the way through the wire channel, so with this bra I just decided not to try this. There's no need to anyway if you only make a cut in the top of the wire channels.
The bra feels much more comfy now, the wires don't poke and the gore doesn't irritate me much, although still a little. I guess I should just cut the gore, but am afraid the cups would look weird, and not really sure how/where to reattach the lace. I'm not sure how to attach pictures, so I made a new entry for this bra and will add a link to it below.
30E - Panache » Clara Full Cup Bra (7255)
Pictures of how I changed the wires, tools needed, etc :)
Filed under Bra alterations